Monday, September 24, 2012

Confidence Rising.

Confidence issues, who doesn't have them to one extent or another... well my husband doesn't, like at all!  He has no issues with stating that he's good at something.  Me on the other hand?  I don't think I've ever admitted to be good at anything.   I feel like once I admit to having talent it opens up the floor for people to tell me I'm delusional.  I call it my "American Idol Complex."  You know, when a contestant walks into the judges room and declares how beautiful their singing voice is, but as soon as they open their mouths we cringe and feel a bit embarrassed for them.  I wish I had half of their confidence.

But you know what?  I can feel things starting to change for me.  With all the practice I've had lately with photography I can see my skills improve, and though I have moments where I compare myself to other photographers I know, I am realizing you just can't do that.  That maybe the difference between their shots and mine could simply be a difference in style.  I have a style. Though still in it's baby form, I love watching it develop.





Some friends and I had an end of summer rainbow party photo shoot with our girls.  Each kiddo came representing a color from the rainbow.  And with true confidence I can say I rocked it out! 







Our Good friend over at ItsyBelle styled the event.

The super cute cake topper can be found at TiTisTuTus.

This past shoot has given me momentum to move forward in doing photography professionally.  To finally put myself out their and declare I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER.  and so I am going to do just that.  Like A Moment Remembered's page on Facebook ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment