Monday, March 11, 2013

One

It's way past my bedtime and lately its been hard to find the words that really capture the moments and how I felt in them.  So I will think on it for now, perhaps to update this post later or to be saved for your baby book.  For now I leave you with some unshared photos from your first year, along with other treasures I don't want to forget...

Yesterday evening, the eve of your birth, I couldn't help but remember where I was this time last year.  I didn't realize it at the time but that day, all those braxton hicks and my own general feeling of not wanting to be far from home, where I felt safe, were signs that you were on your way.  It wasn't until 9:30PM that evening did I realize we'd soon meet.
     
Practicing night sky photography.  Mar. 9th, Day 67 of photo challenge.




Oh, to go back and relive those first moments.






You were the perfect newborn.  So calm, quiet, content just being held.  During car rides I often caught you gazing out the window, almost as if you were in deep thought pondering the world around you.

A year of kisses, cuddles and getting to know our Alice.





Who you are...
You are sweet and love to be held.  You're often spotted resting your head on someones shoulder or lap.  Climbing on chairs and couches is quickly becoming a new hobby, and there's a deep fascination in you for the outdoors.  You can't resist but to climb on people who are seated near you on the floor, especially if its momma. 



Your spirit animal is most certainly a piranha, from the beginning you've loved to gum (now lovingly chew) on your people.








You're not walking yet, but you will be soon.  A pro at waving , you love to greet people with a smile and a "hi."  Your laugh is like that of an evil scientist, mwhahaha, and says one day you will rule the world. 
Push ups are part of your daily exercise routine.


Party details in next post.  Photo taken March 8th, day 66 of my photo challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment