Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year and Resolutions

Ok it's Resolution time, what's on your to do list for 2013?

For me its going to be a year of better organization and time management, finding a way to help support my family doing something I love,  read and exercise more, do more creative projects. Decorate and furnish my home, create cozy spaces.  Volunteer for a good cause.  Do a creative photo shoot.

2013 Projects

PROJECT 1
I'm going to take 1 picture everyday this year, my camera tends to hibernate during the winter.  There's never enough light in my home and thus my photos never seem to turn out this time of year leaving me uninspired to shoot.  I need to change that, find the light in my home and brave the cold temperatures outdoors.  I was inspired to do this after reading the blog post "365 Day Photography Project" from I heart faces.

January 1st
My view while getting ready in the morning.






PROJECT 2
We finally finished the garage that means all the junk that was sitting taking up space in our bedroom is GONE!  Now I can finally create a cozy bedroom space, I'm very excited to start.  We have a little corner that I'd love to either create a reading look or work space.  Oh the possibilities.

For now I'm searching the web for inspiration, Apartmenttherapy has some great ideas, and this DIY wood heardboard from blogger Ana White might be added to my husbands honey-do list.

2013 Reading list so far:
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
Some Assembly Required by Anne Lamott
Simple Abundance: A Day Book of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach
Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self by Sarah Ban Breathnach
I Thought It Was Just Me by Brene Brown
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown


Happy New Year friends and family.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment