Saturday, January 19, 2013

Her First Show

Today I watched my first born dance her little heart out on stage.   Not shy at all, she waved and said a quiet hi to the audience as she walked out hand in hand with her teachers and fellow Twinkle Toe members.

We did our best to prepare her for what she would see from the stage; bright lights and smiling faces.  I told her to have fun, that she was safe and though she may not see us, mom and dad were out in the audience.

When the stage was lit she seemed amazed at where she was and almost wondering what she was doing there.  But then the familiar tune of her dance started playing and with a cue from the teachers she jumped right into her routine.  Head in hands, hips shaking, piqués and ballet turns, she danced from beginning to end not missing a step.  

...Yeah, I was grinning ear to ear with watery eyes.  It was one of those surreal moments where you think to yourself, "Wow, I'am a momma, and that's my baby girl out there."

365 day photo challenge, day 19.
Love you sweet heart, we are so proud of you, xoxox.

No comments:

Post a Comment